Sunday, August 15, 2004

empty rooms

an intense desire to remain inert
thoughts and wishes move me little
i recall the day's morning when
splashes of hue made me blind
a little unknown building of nameless preachers
the dull walls of age and abandon
tiny souls cramped into firm affection
the curious eyes of a distracted child
tri coloured flags flutter in myriad ways
shadows of feeble feet drag along
into streets resonating with a familiar noise
dark rooms peep through frameless windows
rows of wooden benches piled upon each
sight of roses withering to dark scarlet
and lifeless speaches of useless things

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow baby...that is awesome...
man!! why do you love me i wonder sometimes

this is the work of another poet .... for me ;)


INDEPENDENCE DAY-2004

The country revels on
This great day of freedom,
I sit still, spellbound
Outpowered and enslaved
By an Architect of emotions
A sly Interior Decorator,
Who has rearranged my mind
And stirred me Inside Out

Can kill any way you like
With words, thoughts or love!
And all aware of the dangers
Why must I visit the page again?

To quench an unknown thirst?

I sit here wondering
As Indians celebrate independence
Why am I beginning to like
This strangely sweet dependence?

P.S. Without your decorating poems, my page is looking like a desert. Do you care?

Anonymous said...

Truly fantastic... I mean WOW !!!!